Daily's Place Readies For Inaugural Weekend Shows
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Bold Events, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the City of Jacksonville are set to christen Daily’s Place this Memorial Day weekend as downtown Jacksonville’s newest destination for live entertainment. The amphitheater is ready to showcase its first performers and guest services staff are ready to welcome thousands of music fans for the opening of the facility, featuring Tedeschi Trucks Band on Saturday, May 27 and Train with O.A.R. and Natasha Bedingfield on Sunday, May 28. For the grand opening of Daily’s Place, a sold-out crowd will experience an acoustic performance by Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds on Tuesday, May 30.
“Daily’s Place will be open and ready to welcome live music fans this Saturday,” said Jaguars and Bold Events President Mark Lamping. “We’re eager to introduce Northeast Florida to this new venue and kick off a full year of concerts and events featuring a diversity of musical genres. Daily’s Place is a landmark project in the ongoing revitalization of downtown Jacksonville, and we’re thrilled to open our doors and turn up the volume.”
Guests attending any of the upcoming concerts at Daily’s Place can look forward to the following unique amenities:
- Intimate artist interaction – The unique, three-tiered, vertical design of the amphitheater at Daily’s Place offers unparalleled sight lines and amenities from every seat in the venue. The front of each balcony is only 115 feet from the front of the stage at Daily’s Place and the last seat in the house is just 150 feet, giving every attendee an up-close-and-personal experience with every artist.
- Easy parking – The price of parking is included with every ticket to Daily’s Place. Concert-goers can show their ticket to attendants at Lot J on the west side of the facility and park without any additional charge starting three hours before each show. Attendees with premium seating can use the hang tag provided in advance by Bold Events to park or valet in Lots C and D on the east side of Daily’s Place.
- Guest comforts at every level – The design of Daily’s Place provides that every seat is fixed. Additionally, every seat is protected from the elements by the iconic roof at Daily’s Place. Guests will enjoy 120 points of sale for food and beverage and over 90 individual restroom facilities throughout the venue. The venue also features a state-of-the-art Daily’s convenience store inside the ground floor concession area.
Work continues on Daily’s Place, with the scheduled completion of the covered flex field set for mid-July, just before the start of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ 2017 training camp. Concert-goers can also look forward to several new features and amenities still to come this summer at Daily’s Place, including:
- Additional permanent food and beverage options – The ground floor concession area will feature new fixed concessions stands that will take shape in the next few weeks, including an innovative frozen drink stand, a Daily’s food truck featuring fresh, made-to-order Daily’s Dash menu items, and the Miller Lite Lounge, a unique partnership with MillerCoors.
- Technological enhancements – The Daily’s Place free public Wi-Fi system will be fully activated by the end of June and several new video boards will be installed, including a three-sided triangle board in the south end zone concession area.
- Architectural features – Florida’s sunshine will continue to bleach the unique Daily’s Place roof panels, giving it a consistent white appearance by summer’s end. The permanent enclosure for the covered flex field will be completed before the start of training camp and feature a PTFE material never before used in the United States. By the end of July, one-of-a-kind glass bridges will take guests from the main concourse and Fields Auto Group Terrace Suite into the seating bowl of Daily’s Place.
Assisting with final preparations and overseeing event production are representatives from Live Nation Florida, the preferred programming partner and co-facility manager of Daily’s Place. Joining them as a co-facility manager is SMG Jacksonville, having recently agreed to terms with Bold Events.
"SMG Jacksonville has already demonstrated a high level of operational excellence with its management of the downtown sports complex properties,” said Lamping. “Their familiarity with EverBank Field makes them ideally suited to offer that same level of service to Daily’s Place.”
SMG Jacksonville will oversee maintenance, ongoing repairs, housekeeping and capital improvements to Daily’s Place. SMG Jacksonville’s appointment is still subject to approval by the Jacksonville City Council.
“The SMG team is proud to be chosen to manage Daily’s Place,” said Bill McConnell, SMG Jacksonville General Manager. “Alongside Bold Events, the Jaguars, Live Nation, and the City of Jacksonville, we are thrilled to present this new, dynamic world class venue that will immediately establish itself as an iconic piece of the Jacksonville entertainment landscape.”